Here are some suggestions for making business meetings more productive, efficient and effective.
Based on readers’ feedback, I have split this article into the following separate blog posts.
- Use these Posted Signs for Productive Meetings in your meeting rooms and offices
- Consider using this template for requesting a meeting
- Consider using this format for your weekly staff meetings and this one for your weekly 1:1 meetings with direct reports, stakeholders, and bosses.
- Sample templates for replying to meeting requests & polite ways to decline meeting invites and one for declining a meeting that you have previously accepted.
- Suggestions for when to have and when not to schedule meetings
- Leave some time to breathe. Use the 50/25 Meeting Format
- Guidelines for using laptops, smartphones, and other communications devices in meetings
(Updated December 8, 2018.)