Personal Contact Info For Personal Matters Only
- Follow @rajivpant on Twitter and Instagram.
- Read Rajiv’s writing on Medium.
- Contacts who know Rajiv in person are welcome to connect with rajivpant on LinkedIn.
- Only family, friends, and close colleagues are invited to connect with rajiv.pant on Facebook.
- [email protected] OpenPGP enabled1
- For secure messaging, please contact rajivpant via Wickr2
To book a speaking engagement with Rajiv, please email. He is happy to consider paid speaking engagements. He only considers doing gratis events for charities he supports; accredited non-profit universities, colleges and schools; and in some cases to help close friends or family members. Fees vary depending on the event.
Please read the following before contacting Rajiv
Rajiv receives several hundred communications daily: via email, messaging apps, phone and social networks in his job and personal life. It is impossible for him to read all his messages, listen to all his voice mails and check all his social networks let alone respond to them. This is not because of time management, prioritization or caring. He receives more messages daily than he can skim, prioritize and manage. This common problem is called information overload.3
Rajiv cares about the people in his professional and personal life and he values communication. Please accept his apologies for when he does not respond to you: It has nothing to do with you or the importance of your message. It is due to the information overload problem he faces. Many other people also face this problem.4
Business Contact Info For Job Related Things Only
Rajiv Pant’s personal Internet presence (which includes this personal Web site rajiv.com, his social network presence, and almost everything that he posts online) is not affiliated with his present or past employers nor any other organizations (more…)
Rajiv keeps his personal and work communications separate. His personal contact information is for personal matters only. He does not accept any communication at his home email address related to his job. If you need to email him for any business matter related to his job, please email him only at his work email address. Thank you for helping him keep his personal and work communications separate.
He strongly prefers email instead of phone for business correspondence.
Here is how you can help him minimize this problem:
- To send him non-critical information (e.g. interesting articles, photos and videos), please share it with him via social networks (Facebook, Twitter) instead of email.
- Instead of leaving him a phone voicemail, send him an email.
- Please send shorter and fewer messages. Consider adopting the 5 Sentences & 5 Minutes Email Policy.
- Please do not send the same message to both his personal and work email addresses.
- 7 Tips for Effective Email - By Rajiv Pant
- Best Practices for Email - Published at the Harvard Business School Web site
- Email Charter - 10 Rules to Reverse the Email Spiral
- Dr. Jackson's Research - About email overload, its impact and solutions
- Information Overload Research Group - Also follow them on Twitter at @iorgforum
- A discussion on Google+ about dealing with email overload
- For signed and/or encrypted emails, use an OpenPGP compatible email app with Rajiv’s OpenPGP public keys. [↩]
- Wickr is a cross-platform instant messenger with high grade security, encryption, and support for automatically disappearing messages. [↩]
- There are organizations that exist to help people and organizations impacted by information overload. [↩]
- Nathan Zeldes, formerly of Intel has a Web site about information overload. Michael Arrington, the founder of TechCrunch, a blog covering new Internet companies, has written about 2,433 Unread Emails. Professor Donald Knuth, computer scientist and Professor Emeritus at Stanford University stopped using email after 15 years. There was also an article in The New York Times titled Struggling to Evade The E-mail Tsunami. [↩]